This post contains affiliate links, KidzBuyz may be compensated for purchases made through these links, for more information, click here!
As moms, we spend plenty of time thinking about everything we need to bring to the beach for the kids, but we often go a bit neglected. Check out our Top 10 Beach Essentials for Moms! (Some are a bit of a splurge, but you won’t regret it!). Want to check out one of my faves a little more? The collage above is clickable and will bring you right to the product!
1. Evian Facial Water Spray ($12.50): A bazillion years ago I went on a girls trip in the middle of the summer to the Bellagio in Las Vegas. We were soooo out of place among the much older crowd, but hey, one of my friend’s dads had gotten us the room for free. It was at the Bellagio that I was introduced to Evian Facial Water Spray and I’ve been hooked since! The spray is a quick way to cool off and keep your skin moisturized.
2. Kindle Paperwhite ($119.99): I love a good beach read! As my kids are getting older, I’m finding I have more downtime, on planes and at the beach and pool. I also found that I was hauling around a lot of extra weight in books and magazines! I have an iPad, but I can’t read it in the sun so before my last trip, I invested in a Kindle Paperwhite! I can’t say that I regret it. As a Prime member, I have access to Kindle First and Prime Reading. Both give me lots of choices in books and magazines. The Paperwhite display doesn’t have the glare that I get from my iPad and it lasts quite awhile between charges. I highly recommend! Amazon is currently having a sale on the Paperwhite, you can grab it here for $99.99 ($20 off).
3. Sun Bum 3-in-1 Leave In Conditioner ($12.99): You don’t think twice about covering your skin in sunscreen, but if you spend a lot of time at the beach or pool, your hair is going to pay. What you need is a good conditioner that offers UV protection and Sun Bum 3-in-1 Conditioner fits the bill! I spray it in before heading to the beach or pool and it keeps my hair smooth and manageable. Plus the smell is amazing (but I’m a sucker for coconut).
4. Olukai Ohana Sandals ($64.95): These are a TOTAL splurge, but they’re worth it! Olukai Ohana Sandals are so comfy and give much more arch support than a typical flip flop. I thought I was in love with my Sanuk (which are also great), but these are worth the extra money. Sadly, they don’t go on sale often, but you can grab them at Nordstrom or Zappos.
5. 20 oz Contigo Autospout Stainless Insulated Water Bottle ($19.99): There’s no doubt that keeping yourself hydrated while in the sun is extremely important, but keeping drinks cold can be a challenge. Even when I go to a resort on vacation, I always bring my Contigo! It keeps drinks cold and holds ice for nearly 12 hours. I pack it full of ice and water in the morning and then bring along Smartwater Liter Bottles (I get them in my Subscribe & Save) to refill throughout the day.
6. Herbivore Botanicals After Sun Spray ($20): Even when I try to keep up with sunscreen, I often find that I get a little burned or my skin feels parched. I’m not a fan of the sticky aloe gel, so this light spray is heavenly! It’s a light blend of Aloe, Lavender, Mint and Witch Hazel that gives a nice cooling sensation. You can store it in the fridge for extra cooling. The only drawback is the glass bottle it comes in. While eco-friendly, it’s heavy for travel, so I think I’m going to re-bottle for my upcoming trip.
7. Pura Vida Bracelets: I discovered these bracelets a couple months ago and they have such a cool, fun beachy feel to them. Even better, they are handmade in by artisans in Costa Rica and the company is committed to giving back. To date, Pura Vida Bracelets has donated nearly $1M to over 190 charities. They have lots of designs to choose from and start at just $5. I like to grab the Style Packs for pre-stacked designs, but any bracelet you click into will give you styling options. Through the end of March, you can save 20% with promo code LUCKY20.
8 & 9: Coola Suncare Sport Sunscreen & LipLux Lip Balm: I can’t say enough great things about Coola Suncare. Not only is it organic and well-reviewed by EWG, but it also smells AMAZING and provides great sun coverage. It’s pricey, so it’s not something I use on the kids, but it’s a nice little indulgence. If you want to check it out, they do sell a small sampler kit for $39.99 that includes the spray sunscreen, lip balm, facial sunscreen and Radical Recovery (their after sun lotion). You can grab one here!
10. Pura Vida Pineapple Clutch: If you’re going splurge on fun sun products, you’re going to need a way to keep them together. Sure you can toss them into the big bag you haul around, but it’s nice to have it all sealed into one little bag. This clutch is the perfect size! It’s bigger than it looks. It easily holds a bottle of sunscreen, conditioner, a brush, lip balm and your Kindle and it can be tossed in a larger beach bag or carried on it’s own. They have several different prints, but the Pineapple is my favorite! It also comes with a free bracelet! Through the end of March, you can save 20% with promo code LUCKY20.